Cleaning the bathroom is always such a hassle. One of the most overlooked spots in the bathroom is the shower door track, which can collect dirt, hair and calcium deposits. The moisture the track collects also causes mold and mildew to grow.
But you can stop all this scum in its tracks with simple pantry supplies. Using a mixture of vinegar and water, you can get this tough spot clean, without harsh chemicals. Happy green cleaning!
- Spray bottle
- Warm water
- White vinegar
- Bucket or large bowl
- Soap and water
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Towel (cloth or paper)
1. Mix warm water and vinegar into the spray bottle
2. Using a soapy sponge, slick the shower door track. Use a towel to wipe away dirt, hair, and other debris.
3. Spray mixture of warm water and vinegar generously on each side of the shower track and the bottom of the shower door where it meets the track.
4. Let the water and vinegar mixture sit for 1-2 minutes.
5. Moisten the toothbrush with warm water and use it to scrub the track and shower door.
6. Rinse off the vinegar mixture with soap and water and pat dry with a towel.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 if necessary.
- If mildew is still present after this process, you may need a stronger cleaning product.
- Clean the shower door tracks once a month. This will allow for an easier clean with the vinegar and water mixture.
- Make sure to squeegee your shower door after every use to prevent soap scum and mold buildup.
- Wear gloves while cleaning to protect your skin.